Saturday, June 20, 2009

Table evolution

We finally have bedside tables! Thanks to Britt at cucumbersome.com, who thought of this design and inspired us to make our own bedside tables, we now have actual furniture in the bedroom. These started off as some very unexciting Ikea cabinets, to which we added a base board of wood, four legs, and then embellished the front and sides with mouldings. And then came the paint! We chose a really pretty minty green that looks great with our chocolate colored duvet. Check out the evolution of the tables in the pictures (I thought I had taken more pictures of the steps, but these were all I could find in the end)...

1 comment:

Britt said...

Wow! Looks great! I'm so happy that someone actually used my tutorial. Now it was worth it! :) Thanks for letting me know.
Take care.