Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wedding Invitations and Envelopes



I'm finally done! Everyone (except perhaps Ted's relatives in Japan) should have received their invitations by now, so I am free to post the pictures. This design was borrowed from Kathy Beymer's (of merrimentdesign.com) brilliant poppy wedding invitation and stitched envelopes. Thank you Kathy!


Ted and I decided to base the invitation on our wedding palette of lime green, gray, and peony pink. We ordered the fabric from Japan and printed the cards with our home computer. Because the pattern of the fabric consists of different sizes of multi-colored blossoms, when I cut out the flowers to applique on the cards, each invitation was individual. It was such a fun process, and I'm so proud to say that I actually made my own wedding (reception) invitations! We wish you could all be with us on our wedding day, but we'll try to bring a bit of the Caribbean to Missouri on that day!



No comments: