Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Games

I got some new sewing books for Christmas, and I wanted to make a couple of the projects for a couple of my many favorite little cousins. The first picture is of a fabric ball made up of hexagons and pentagons stitched together and then stuffed with batting. It's super soft!






Here is a fabric memory game: Ted printed out the pictures on printable fabric, I cut out 36 squares of vintage-y floral fabric for the back and 72 squares of light colored felt for the stuffing. Then I glued together the layers like a sandwich! Fabric on the bottom, then two layers of felt, then the picture on top. To finish it off, I stitched around the images and cut the edges with scalloped scissors.



I used 18 different images. There are two sets of each pictures, so that they can be matched up when they're turned over (we all played this when we were little!). Some of the pictures are of my family, and some are a few of my favorite snapshots from different trips I took this year (France, San Fransisco, and sailing in Maryland).

I hope both of my cousins enjoy their presents, and send me pictures, Aunt Mary!

1 comment:

Flor Larios Art said...

I like your projects..Very creative. The ball is amazing!